USB Audio Interface + Monitor Controller
Crimson combines an audio interface with high-quality preamps and a fully-featured monitor controller. You can play and play back, record and convert, control and listen with one single device.
So all you essentially need for a professional recording start-up is the Crimson and a DAW.
USB Audio interface + Monitor controller
Crimson is designed to operate with your Digital Audio Workstation. But you can also do a lot with it as a stand-alone device: plug in an instrument and play. Connect a microphone and sing along.
Mix your own monitor signal with playback or guide tracks from any source – including your smartphone. What you are playing is not bad? Turn on the DAW and record it.
The Crimson leaps forward to set a new sound quality benchmark in its price range. With the Crimson you have a boutique device at a fraction of the price we used to know from traditional engineering and manufacturing.
2 microphone inputs (XLR) 2 Instrument inputs (TRS) 4 balanced line inputs (TRS) 2 S/P-DIF Note: any 4 analog channels can be recorded simultaneously. Including S/P-DIF, six channels can be recorded simultaneously.
4 channels via USB (DAW 1-4)
2 TRS line input channels (balanced) 2 RCA line input channels (rear, unbalanced) 1 mini jack stereo input (unbalanced)
1 USB 1 S/P-DIF stereo input (coax) 1 MIDI
Speakers A: 2 XLR sockets (L/R, balanced) Speakers B: 2 TRS sockets (L/R, balanced, w. trimming) 2 headphone sockets (TRS)
1 USB 1 S/P-DIF stereo output (coax) 1 MIDI
- USB 2 audio/MIDI system
- High-performance, 32bit microcontroller
- 24bit audio processing
- 6 input and 4 output channels at 192kHz (6/6 at 96kHz)
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz or 192kHz
- Fixed master clock for lowest jitter
- True 1:1 audio, no sample rate conversion or clock recovery
- S/P-DIF and MIDI I/Os
- Selectable internal and external clock source or automatic detection
- Max. six recording and six playback channels
- 10 source connections, 20 monitoring channels
- 34V operational voltage for pro levels up to +22dBu
- 24Bit/192kHz converter
- Two discrete mic preamplifiers
- Two instrument preamplifiers (Hi-Z, +22dBu)
- Two separate headphones amps
- Connect and control two stereo speaker sets
- Monitor mix from recording and DAW return paths
- Individual artist monitoring signal, with talkback option
- Hot-plugging iPad recording/monitoring (Class 2 compliance)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (480MBit/s), MIDI I/O, SPDIF I/O
- WIN XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32/64 Bit)
- MAC OSX 10.6/higher, iOS 6/higher
- HxWxD: 60x330x207 mm, 2.36"x13"x8.15"
- Made in Germany
Документи и драйвери
SPL Crimson High Performance USB Interface and Monitor Controller
For more than 30 years Sound Performance Lab from Germany developes audio gear for music, film, multimedia, hifi and broadcast.
Milestones of the company’s R&D history were
- the invention of the patented Vitalizer® sound optimization
- the invention of the Transient Designer – the mother of all transient designing tools
- the invention of the Auto-dynamic De-Esser – eliminating S-sounds by phase cancellation
- the launch of the world's first discrete 5.1 surround miking system Atmos 5.1 already in 1998
- the development of the SPL 120V rail op-amps which are the integral components of the top-of-line SPL products, setting new benchmarks in audio signal processing to outperform any existing analog or digital audio format.
- the invention of the Phonitor matrix that produces a loudspeaker equivalent playback on headphones.